Figured it was about time for an update on the horse we brought home last monday. She's doing amazingly well, and really seems to have settled in good. She is getting stronger not only physically but she seems happy to be here too.
Name is still to be decided, my sis cant seem to make up her mind on choosing naming her. but its okay, it will come eventually.
Monday i spend the whole day working on the new corral i'm building for training horses. I got myself in a pickle though, and found out quite by accident that i'm not quite strong enough to use the post-pounder, and couldn't get it back off the post after i had pounded it in to the ground! That set me back some because i had to wait until my dad came to pick me up with the truck at 7 and get it off for me. I spent some of the time riding for about 3 or 4 hours while i waited. It was so quiet all day, alone with no one but God and Nature to talk to and keep me company. And the horses and cattle of course.
I spent alot of time just thinking about life, and such things, as i was riding across the wide spaces, and thought how much God loves us to have given us all of the beautiful green earth as our own, yet how small i felt among the trees in the woods and against the wide open sky. He made it all for us to enjoy, and life in. To be honest i could spend the rest of my days just in the great outdoors, and alone with nature, somehow it seems just to call out to me and i cant get enough of it. i don't know, its hard to put into words you know?
Its like some things you can't express yet you know in your mind how it is and what you feel.
I don't know if you can understand what i'm trying to say here, i guess i'm just laying out my thoughts on the keyboard. I just enjoy all that God made for us to enjoy. From the birds to trees, to wind and the rain. most of all though horses i guess, but all things really.
God was so creative when he made flowers, millions of different species, and every one unique and beautiful in its own way. Its amazing.
How does the verse in the bible go? "...the heavens declare the glory of God.." I can't remember off the top of my head how the verse goes, but basicly saying that his creations are the expressions of God himself and that the declare his glory. Cool huh? I think so...
Happy Trails,
HorseLover
<><
Wednesday, May 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
I know whatcha' mean. :)
Post a Comment